Thursday, March 21, 2013

I'll show you my scars

My horoscope yesterday said "you're longing for the new, the different, the unique." That doesn't mean anything to you - and if we're honest, it doesn't mean anything to me, either. But for a moment, I stood up straight on this little mountain I've constructed mostly from cardboard and thought, "I do need anything but this" and the entire day I jotted down notes about my escape to the ocean.

And everything was affirmed about a trillion times before bedtime - yes, yes! the echoes bouncing off the church walls, crawling up the bricks on the outside of my house, coming in with the wind through the cracks in my floorboards. Yes! Move away, lady. Be something else. Pick up each grain of sand, tell them the secrets you have hidden in your sinews. Braid your hair until your fingers fall the fuck off your hands.

Go.

Because let's face it, sometimes a girl is alone. But not really alone - just lonely. And let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment