Monday, February 18, 2013

You've got to wait for it

Please, if you must know, Yes! Of course, I've been sad lately. That's a silly question. The answer to your questions lay in wait in my belly, the mystics of my body. Crazy shit happens in that cavity. My colon, for instance, can tell you. It somehow, in the last few years, got fused to the left wall of my abdominal cavity. And that shit ain't right. I know this because of a laparoscopic surgery I had on Valentine's Day to scrape my insides of endometriosis. Delightful, is it not? Anyhow, things are fixed and that colon is back to it's rightful place. This should be cause for celebration - and I suppose, it is. But, as is par for the course, I just feel nuts about it.

I could tell you, but you already know.

Maybe you don't, so here's the summary: issues with control and trust and paralyzing anxiety (complete with fat tears) because said ailments in psyche. Afraid of, but grounded by, mortality. Et cetera, et cetera. I blame my mother, who, by the way, hasn't even called me. I get it, it was a small surgery, but god damn it, it was surgery. So, that's where I am. Reduced to the same issues revolving around a different circumstance. Ain't that life?

And tonight, I sat in my bar - my throat tight like dried leather, holding back the good weeping I deserve because of poetry. A book of poetry to be exact. And, as we all know, so much more.

I made a mistake tonight. I wanted whiskey, but I chose tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment