Thursday, January 10, 2013

pull me out from inside

I can't get Jeffrey Dahmer out of my head.

There. I said it.

I'm not in love with him. I don't like him, I don't forgive him, but I just can't stop thinking about him. How lonely, you know? In addition to the devastatingly sick desires he couldn't smother, he was lonely. But fuck him.

In this mess of being surrounded in my thoughts about this killer, I wonder, if he knew, like he claimed he knew that these longings were straight from hell, why didn't he just kill himself. And is that fair to even say? And it's not like this is a gray area, but he was a person, so where does that leave me as a person? But where does that leave the families of his innocent victims as people?

And that poor baby, the one who almost got away: Konerak Sinthasomphone. You know, he'd be 35 years old if those assholes in Milwaukee did their jobs. But, should I blame them? And the women, the mary and martha, who comforted the poor baby who was bleeding from his rectum, nude in the street, do they weep and drink wine in the mornings because they almost saved his life?

And then he cut off his head. And his arms. His 14 year old arms.

There's one thing I keep coming back to: What if the baby I have and love and raise and cry over and discipline and teach and cuddle and nurse.. what if my baby grows up and becomes a murdering lunatic who eats organs in his spare time?

It's scary shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment